Same as the first book, this is how it began: with the holes in the cover and the signature waiting to be bound.
After some stress I got there once again! This one is much neater in terms of the binding, and the front cover is much tighter on the signatures.

The inside of the sketchbook inbetween the pages of a signature show how the binding works...
Inbetween the signatures themselves, the page open completely flat and even open at an obtuse angle, which makes these sketchbooks perfect for double page work, something I hadn't considered until I made them.
This is the inside of the book where the binding is shown in the middle of the signatures - it adds a lovely colour to the pages.
This binding stitch is beautiful, I love how there doesn't feel like any plaiting but the effect it gives is almost plait-like... ignoring the fluff-ups at the end where the cover was bound to the signatures! Practice certainly makes perfect.
Final sketchbook! I feel like if I was to do this again, I wouldn't need to consult the video because I think I've fully got the hang of it. Admittedly I usually forget what I'm doing at the end, when the front cover is being attached but this time I was merely checking I had it right.
For any DIY bookbinding projects I would highly recommend SeaLemonDIY - her YouTube channel is informative and makes even the most confusing things easy to understand - if I can do it, anyone certainly can! I think I'll be making more in the coming weeks, since it's so much fun to have the finished product.




No comments:
Post a Comment